History of The Alderney Society
The Alderney Society began in 1966 in the basement of the Island Hall, however the site wasn't suitable for storing the type and amount of records that were being donated. The States of Alderney offered the Society the use of the old St Anne's school built by a former governor in 1790. With only a minuscule budget and the help of a handful of dedicated volunteers the building was renovated, the first displays created and the new Alderney Society Museum opened to the public in 1970. Since then the Alderney Society has been leading the way in preserving Alderney's history and will continue to do so.
|Chairman of the Council:||Trevor Davenport|
|Council Members:||Melanie Broadhurst
Nigel Lawrence (Co-opted)
|Hon Treasurer:||Ken Baker|
W. W. Hammond